Tuesday 26 August 2014

Blog 39 - Party

Challenge 20 was to party with 40 friends. I have managed to do this a couple of times during the year at other people's 40th parties, but I hoped that I would be able to celebrate my own birthday with close family and friends too.

As I had spent so much money throughout the year on these challenges, I decided I couldn't afford a huge party too, so decided to have a couple of smaller celebrations instead. I celebrated with a family meal on my actual birthday then had a 'Sports Day' party for close friends and their families on the 24th August and will be having a girls night on the 6th September! So all in all, by the end of all the celebrations, I will have partied with 40 friends!!
Birthday Family Meal at Bills!


We have hosted the Reed-Perez Sports Day party for a number of years and basically entails my closest and oldest friends and their children all coming over and we go over the field behind our house to have an afternoon of fun sports and games that all the family join in on. We have special prizes for winning teams and a few other selected categories, like Most Enthusiastic Child and Adult, Funniest Sporting Moment and Sports Personality of the Day.



As we enjoy it every year and its a great way for all the kids to be involved too, that was the way I wanted to celebrate my birthday this year. Once again it did not fail to entertain and as the kids are getting older each year, the families are getting more competitive each year too! The sports were once again ranging from brilliant to hilarious. Here is just a little taster of the Sports Day action this year...



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaWhmg3-AkM&feature=youtu.be

The Awards Ceremony from the rather brilliantly funny MC Tracey was once again highly amusing with everyone preparing their best loser faces! To combat the changeable weather we also set up our tent of fun for celebration drinks and we partied late into the night! All in all, a fab birthday celebration and my last challenge done!

No comments:

Post a Comment